As we celebrate a new year, we often make new goals for ourselves. As a business owner, you may ask yourself, “How can I increase my sustainability and reduce my carbon footprint in 2024?” The obvious answer? Embrace renewable energy, of course!
Why Renewable Energy?
Renewable energy is energy derived from natural sources that are replenished at a higher rate than they are consumed. Some renewable resources include sunlight, wind, water movement, and geothermal heat. There are a multitude of benefits to switching to renewable energy.
- Less global warming – Most renewable energy sources do not create greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, thus reducing the impact of global warming.
- Economic benefits – By utilizing our country’s land and resources to create renewable energy, we can decrease our dependence on foreign countries’ fossil fuels, which are currently used for nonrenewable energy sources.
- Increased affordability – Fossil fuel prices continue to climb while the cost of renewable technologies like wind and solar is falling significantly. In fact, renewables were the world’s cheapest source of energy in 2020.
How to Go Green
At UGI Energy Services, we’re committed to continuously investing in renewable energy options as we strive for a cleaner, greener future. Learn more about our renewable energy offerings below and how they can benefit your business.
Renewable Natural Gas (RNG)
RNG is a pipeline-quality biogas (produced through the breakdown of organic matter like manure or food waste) that is fully interchangeable with traditional natural gas.
- Replace traditional natural gas heating or compressed natural gas/liquefied natural gas vehicle fuel.
- Fixed or market-based pricing options designed for every budget.
- Reduce GHG emissions by adding renewable energy to your portfolio.
- Guidance on managing cost components, including rebates or discounts.
A carbon offset represents the GHG emission reduction of one metric ton of CO2 or CO2 equivalent from the atmosphere. Offsets are created when projects reduce or avoid GHG emissions. We purchase and retire carbon offsets on your behalf.
- Cost-effective net reduction or total offsetting of your organization’s GHG emissions.
- Flexible plans allow for your choice of carbon offset type and geographic sourcing preference.
- Option to reduce emissions outside of your controlled operations.
- Manage your renewable goal expenses more proactively through custom tailoring that fits your specific needs.
GreenerGas is a combined turnkey product that delivers renewable natural gas and carbon offsets to your organization.
- Maximize purchasing power by taking advantage of product price differentials and market conditions.
- Natural gas consumption carbon neutrality and alignment with your environmental, social, and governance (ESG) goals.
- Fixed pricing allows for transparency in your organization’s budgeting, forecasting, and compliance costs.
- A simple and effective turnkey product.
Renewable Energy Credits (RECs)
A REC represents the clean energy attribute of renewable electricity generation. RECs are generated from sources such as wind, solar, and biomass and purchased by electric customers to convert nonrenewable consumption into renewable energy.
- Cost-effective and custom-tailored plans for your organization’s electric usage.
- Plan options for both compliance and voluntary market purchasers, with flexibility on the type and source of RECs purchased.
- Green electricity consumption and GHG reduction claims.
Why Choose UGI Energy Services for Renewable Energy?
We’re committed to:
- Action against climate change.
- Broadening your renewable energy portfolio.
- Reducing your greenhouse gas emissions.
- Carbon footprint reduction.
- Low- or zero-emission production sources.
- Helping you achieve your ESG initiative goals.
- Communicating with the public and the communities we serve.